Monday 3 July 2017

My Favourite Stampin Up items from June 2017

So the Stampin Up new Annual catalogue was really exciting and there are loads of things on my shopping list!  But for now I wanted to show you the items I ordered first, my favourites.

I love nautical stamp sets so Message in a bottle was my first choice.




This is a super easy project, I stamped the whale with Night of Navy ink on to a small piece of the Dapper Denim Colour Theory DSP, the whales spout was stamped using the Stampin Markers using Dapper Denim and Real Red for the heart.  I then used Glossy Accent to make the whale shine.  The frame was from Ikea.


Next up using the same set I made a cool nautical card.





Starting with a whisper White card base, scored and folded, I stamped the  ship directly onto the base using Island Indigo ink  I stamped the bottle onto some Soft Sky card stock, using Soft Sky ink, then stamped the Octopus in the bottle using Island Indigo and sponging some Dapper Denim round the edge of the octopus stamp.  Then stamp, in Basic black ink,  the bottle onto acetate, you need to be really careful as the stamp can slide, I had to stamp 3 times before getting a clear image.  I then put a small dab of Tombo glue on the neck of the Sky Blue bottle and stuck the acetate bottle on top.  You can then wind some Linen thread round the top of the bottle which hides the glue.  Another one of my  must have items is the Wood Texture DSP, I was really hoping for some wood look paper so was very very pleased.  Cut the Wood Texture DSP to the height of your card, and three inches wide, score at one inch then fold and burnish.  I love the wrap around look achieved with this, came up with this idea when I made a mistake!

Next item is In the City stamp set, this is a host set, found in the back of the catalogue.  I love love love this set, it has 60 stamps, yes 60!  I know its only July but I went for a Christmas card this time, also managed to include my favourite Wood texture DSP



I stamped the buildings and fussy cut these out then mounted onto the background.  I covered some whisper white card in Dazzling Diamonds for the snow on the ground, it has much more sparkle in real life.

Another Nautical stamp set, obviously, Magical Mermaid is next on my list.


Love this beautiful Mermaid, I have a turtorial on Youtube for this card!

Although used in the Christmas cards I forgot to mention these wonderful snowflake dies, and the good news is theres a whole load of great dies in this set Colourful Seasons Bundle, as well as an fantastic stamp set.  Again I've slipped into Christmas with a great set of gift tags and a cute box for storage.




Did you notice I managed to slip some of my favourite DSP in again? Bet you did.

The last item I've made is a Scrapbook page 12 x 12, totally out of my comfort zone here, this is my first scrapbook page!  Using some of my favourite stamps and pictures of my youngest boy walking on our local beach, totally in the moment.





Thanks for looking at this very long blog entry x



No comments:

Post a Comment